Saturday, June 2, 2012

Kadhi or not to Kadhi

Ok I would first like to apologize for the atrocious title of my Post today but I am in a very "punny" mood (there I did it again)...After a very long time I decided to get into the kitchen today to make my Ex Boss (whom I love a lot) favorite Kadhi as I was going to visit her. Its a simple recipe and I thought I would share it with you since its easiness makes it one of those dishes anyone can master. Here goes. We make it in two stages. 

STAGE ONE
THE BOILING BUTTERMILK MIXTURE


Around 3 litres of buttermilk or chaas. 
3 tbs Besan or Gram Flour
8-10 Curry leaves
1 Tbs Ground Ginger-Green Chillie Paste
1 Tbs Sugar

Whisk the besan into the buttermilk till there are no lumps. Put the mixture on the stove.. Add the curry leaves, Ginger-chillie paste and sugar and let it reach a boil .

STAGE 2
2 tbs Ghee or Oil
2 pinches asafoetida
Salt to taste
4-5 Red Chilies (long or globular)
3/4th  tsp Mustard seeds

Heat the mustard seeds,asafoetida and red chillies in the ghee till you hear popping sounds,Temper the boiling buttermilk mixture with this....Boil for a couple of minutes and serve with chopped corriander and hot white rice. Yummy !


THE TEMPERING 

3 comments:

  1. arrey put sum healthy nonveg recipe ya now....(btw this is dilnaz..dunno why it shows anonymous...grrr)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please