Restaurant Week is from 28th Sept to 3rd October. It features some of the most expensive restaurants all offering specially designed 3 course meals for the bargain price of Rs 1000 for lunch and Rs 1200 for dinners (exclusive of tax). This is valid in the cities of Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. All you have to do is register on the website and attend.
My 3 picks are :- Neel, Koh and Yautcha. (i had picked 212 but my booking got cancelled due to a pvt party)
Review of Koh
A very fancy restaurant in the Intercontinental Marine Drive, Koh is a Thai-food Lovers delight.Great ambiance,service and decor. Delicate flavors and robust textures make this place a haven for the gourmet and gourmand alike. My only complaint for the restaurant week menu was that their portion sizes (of the mains especially) were so small that we had to call for an additional main which defeated the point of the event.
But great taste-a memorable Meal.
The meal started with an (1) Amuse Bouche which was the chef's special of rice noodles with corn.
For Course One we were all allowed to choose a starter each. We ordered the..
(2)Asparagus and Chive Kanom Jeep-Steamed dumplings with an aromatic stuffing splashed with chilli oil
(3) Pandan Robata Chicken-Sweet and sour tamarind flavored topped with sesame seeds
(4) Crispy Rock Shrimp Koh Style-mediocre and just deep fried
(5) Yellowfish Tuna Ceviche-almost like Tuna Carpaccio-silky and splendid
We were served a shot of Creamy and Coconuty (6)Tom Kha Soup between Course 1 and Course 2.
|TOM KHA SOUP|
For the main Course we ordered ...
(8) Red chilli Potatoes-Pan seared potatoes in a thick spicy gravy
(9)South China striped prawns-Excellente but only two pieces of tiny prawns in a garlc-peppery sauce left the girls craving more
(10) poached fillet of Vietnamese sea perch-paired with steamed broccolli this dish is for people who appreciate the delicate nuances of cooking.
(11) Garlic fried rice and (12) Spicy basil rice noodles were excellent.
|RICE AND NOODLES|
Dessert were small delicate portions of
(13) Flourless chocolate cake -Brilliant and served with a coffee icecream
(14) Guava Crumble-with a toffee sauce served with Vanilla Icecream. V posh.
Since we were still hungry we ordered the (15)Musammun veg curry and were blown away by the happy marriage of Peanut and Coconut served with potatoes and palm of heart. Creamy and intense this curry made me HAPPY ! What also made me very excited was that it wasn't served in a vessal but in a special paper that didnt burn and didnt get soggy- special Nape Paper from Thailand informed me Siddhesh my attentive Server for the afternoon.
All in all Excellent.