Sunday, June 10, 2012

LAZY SATURDAY RESTAURANT REVIEW : AMADEUS

I had heard rave reviews of Amadeus for a while both as an eatery and a lounge and finally on Mother's Day decided to go there. I am a Vegetarian who is allergic to eggs but my family eats eggs and meat. We decided to do away with the Paellas or the Spanish Pizzas that were offered and instead ordered just the Tapas. Would loveeee to go back there

We had 
a) Filo Pastry with a Spinach Mushroom and Brie stuffing which was laced with a balsamic reduction. The pastry was flaky and the stuffing was delicate yet woodsy.
b) Chicken Skewer with Harrissa-I was told the chicken was tender and sauce to die for
c)Mushroom caps with a soft creamy goat cheese filling and topped with toasted pine nuts. I think if you look up the definition of heaven in a bite this picture comes up. My only suggestion to them would be to add chopped chives to it-but that is just because I am not happy with even perfection
d) Mezze Platter which had hummus with caramelized onions,a creamy Tsasiki with zatar and a warm Aubergine dip similar to a concoction I have had in Morocco but with a far too Desi flavor. The pita bread was too soft and didn't hold the dip well
e) Strawberry Margherita was yummy drink but apparently the kiwi one is v popular


TAPAS
WARNING DO NOT ORDER THE LOBSTER BISQUE AS IT IS RATHER TERRIBLE IN TASTE